The React roadmap for beginners you never knew you needed.
Below listed are some of the languages and frameworks you will have to be familiarized before getting into React.
- Learn the basics of HTML
- Make a few pages as an exercise
- Learn the basics of CSS
- Style pages from previous step
- Build a page with grid and flexbox
- JS Basics
- Get familiar with the syntax
- Learn basic operations on DOM
- Learn mechanisms typical for JS (Hoisting, Event Bubbling, Prototyping)
- Make some AJAX (XHR) calls
- Learn new features (ECMA Script 6+)
- Additionally, get familiar with the jQuery library
- General Development Skills
- Learn GIT, create a few repositories on GitHub, share your code with other people
- Know HTTP(S) protocol, request methods (GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE, OPTIONS)
- Don't be afraid of using Google, Power Searching with Google
- Get familiar with terminal, configure your shell (bash, zsh, fish)
- Read a few books about algorithms and data structures
- Read a few books about design patterns
- Learn React on official website or complete some courses
- Get familiar with tools that you will be using
- State Management
- Type Checkers
- Form Helpers
- API Clients
- Utility Libraries
- Server Side Rendering
- Static Site Generator
Now you can follow the below provided roadmap to start your journey.
Thank you for reading.
Until next time, Abhiraj